segunda-feira, 8 de novembro de 2010

Politics and The Massie Case

A local friend suggested “Shoal of Time” from Gavan Daws to make me familiar with the Hawaiian history.

I just finished reading subtopic “The Honolulu Martydom”, pages 317-327, which describes the well-known Massie case.

As lines passed by, I asked myself the following question based on Jill’s class last night on “Scope of Conflict”:

“Would this police case have had a different turn out if the Star Bulletin and Iolani Palace were controlled by ethnic groups other than the former “status quo”?

I strongly believe that if visibility, elasticity, and fluidity were at the hands of Ahakuelo’s, Ida’s, and Chang’s groups, the life of Kahahawai would have been saved.

A summary of the case can be found at:

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2001/Oct/14/op/op03a.html

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário